Flytbase – Engineering Manager
FlytBase is seeking an experienced engineering leader to join our award-winning, talented team, building next-generation automated drone applications for our global customers. This is a technical hands-on management position. Primarily you will be responsible for product development and delivery for a portfolio of applications within the FlytBase Suite. This is a playing coach role, which encompasses people management, technical/functional expertise, and relationship/stakeholder management.
FlytBase is a venture-funded, high-growth startup – a global pioneer in software-led automation of commercial drone applications. The team has a cumulative professional experience of several decades, with engineering graduates from IIT-B, IIT-KGP, the University of Maryland & Georgia Tech.
FlytBase develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use cases. FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the ‘NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019’.
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and managing multi-complexity projects.
• Accountable for the overall delivery of the product/application – ensuring the quality of code and committing to the timelines.
• Lead a software engineering team, provide technical coaching, mentor teammates and manage project timelines.
• Advocate of strong Agile development methodologies (SCRUM), automated testing, and continuous integration.
• Work with product owners and development teams to gather and refine requirements, and see development through to QA, deployment and ongoing maintenance.
• Collaborate with Product and UX teams to design and build responsive, data rich tools for our customers.
• Collaborate across multiple teams to architect new solutions.
• Drive efforts to reduce inefficiencies in development, QA and deployment processes.
• Mentor and guide the team to make sound engineering decisions, improve code quality and encourage the team to get out of their comfort zone, whilst working with team members to grow.
• Manage work flows and ensure productivity of team.
• Recruit and hire team members.
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing web applications.
• Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in managing development projects and leading a team of successful software engineers.
• Must be able to discuss technical aspects of architecture/design/code issues directly with technical teams.
• Very strong Full stack development and Architecture experience using Microservices Architecture, UI/UX, CI/CD, Design Patterns & Cloud Platform enablement.
• Experience designing, developing and supporting REST services.
• Practitioner of unit testing, data structuring, profiling, performance tuning and debugging.
• Ability to deal with ambiguities effectively (Technology, People, Process, or Partner).
• Must be able to mentor team members and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives.
What Will I Earn?
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fitness and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit this form: https://forms.gle/vnvSGjgo3EyWd8rN6