Kittyhawk – Head of People Ops – sUAS News – The Business of Drones
Here at Kittyhawk in Palo Alto, we are developing ground breaking all-electric Vertical Take off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. They are designed to be fast, small, and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
As the Head of People, you will report directly to the COO and lead the development of key people processes, programs, policies, operations, & rewards. This is a critical role in delivering an outstanding employee experience and working collaboratively with leadership across all functions. You will lead the People Operations team with the ability to influence and drive the future vision and strategy.
- Deliver and drive a best-in-class people strategy aligned to our vision of being a top employer that cultivates a strong culture. You will do this by creating an environment that is supportive and inclusive to all employees.
- Provide both strategic and functional expertise, thought leadership, and coaching as an active member of the Leadership Team
- Align People Ops initiatives and talent planning with organizational strategies, mission, values, and goals
- Oversee people data and analytics to ensure data-driven decision-making, incorporating feedback from engagement surveys, 1:1s, exit interviews, etc., creating effective people programs
- Continually improve company processes and programs, while staying up to date on new market trends and capabilities needed
- Evaluate the People Ops team structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, total compensation and rewards (including assisting other teams with bonus programs and equity management, diversity and inclusion initiatives, employee relations, contractor management, leave of absence management, performance management processes, etc.
- Compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and required reporting, employee development opportunities and management training, immigration processes, and act as key member of the COVID-19 response team
- Demonstrated success driving change and influencing all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively work independently with minimal oversight
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and know what level to communicate at depending on your audience
- You are an excellent team player where no task is too small
- Demonstrated ability to consistently execute sound judgment and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints, always acting with integrity and confidentiality
- Experience in aerospace, transportation, hardware, or manufacturing businesses
- Experience with technology recruiting
We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in aviation and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note that as of August 15, 2021, all persons working on Kittyhawk company premises must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Applicants may seek an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Our headquarters is in Palo Alto and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 40% company matching (no vesting period), flight lesson subsidy, education assistance, and company-sponsored social events. For those working onsite, Kittyhawk also offers commuter assistance, and free drinks and snacks.
Kittyhawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kittyhawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kittyhawk is an E-Verify employer.