Manna – Manufacturing Electronic Technician ( Full-time) on site.
The Manufacturing Electronic Technician is a key player in the production of Manna’s scaling fleet. Reporting to the Lead Manufacturing Technician, this is a hands-on role in manufacturing and maintaining our aviation-grade drones, ensuring that consistency and safety are at the heart of what we do.
At Manna, our mission is to improve the world by making high-speed suburban deliveries affordable, green, and safe. We design and build our own aviation-grade drones to deliver food and other items directly from restaurants, centralized kitchens, and local stores to consumers’ homes. With a widely dispersed workforce across many sites, you will be joining a company with a great culture for collaboration, lots of learning and even more fun!
THE JOB IN 2 BULLETS
- Hands-on role building and maintaining our aircraft in our manufacturing centre at Moorock, County Offaly.
- A key player in a team responsible for maintaining the existing fleet and building new craft, as well as the rigorous safety checks that come with it.
Our Manufacturing Technicians are key to what we do at Manna. Without the MT’s attention to detail and hard work, we wouldn’t have the fleet of craft ready to fly across our locations live in Ireland. As a Manufacturing Electronic Technician, you will be involved in supporting Manna’s manufacturing and maintenance programs, requiring hands-on maintenance of our current and production of new craft. Your primary focus will be to get the aircraft flying safely. Your day will consist of various technical and electronic tasks with a detailed procedure that needs to be followed. Training on tasks will be required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Directly involved in building new aircraft and upgrading Manna’s current fleet of aircraft.
- As a crucial part of the team, you will carry out heavy electrical maintenance and inspection of aircraft from Operational sites.
- Work with Software and Engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the aircraft.
- Follow assembly, maintenance and quality check procedures for all work that takes place on drones.
- Assist in the commissioning process where new aircraft move from the production line, through verification and flight testing.
- Constantly contribute to, and improve, the procedures and checks used to work on the aircraft.
- Constantly learning on the job
- Ad hoc other projects at our manufacturing site as is reasonably required
Personal attributes + key qualifications expected for this role
- You are electronically/mechanically/technically minded and love building, soldering, wiring, creating and fixing things!
- Must have 5 years of experience in PCB board and electrical system bring-up, test, debug, troubleshooting, repair
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow procedure without error
- You love creating documentation
- Whatever the task – big or small, you understand that even the tiniest task in manufacturing is incredibly important and take excellent care with all your work.
- You can work well with limited supervision – you’re never idle and always find something that can be improved
- You must have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced start-up, where the goalposts shift with the wind.
- You work well in chaos but are eager to apply organisation to the wide range of tasks that fall to you.
- You are an exceptional team player and love working with people in a busy environment
- Housekeeping is a key priority and you strive to keep your area in tip-top shape.
- Evidence of technical ability would be a plus – but not a necessity. This could be a level 6/7 technical degree or some type of extracurricular work in a technical field