Dufour Aerospace Quality Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and self-motivated Quality Engineer to become one of the founding members of the Dufour Aerospace Quality team. The position offers the opportunity to be involved with the development and launch of our leading technology hybrid tilt-wing aircraft. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of quality within the business and play a major role in establishing best practice quality and improvement processes to meet customer and regulatory requirements that will ultimately lead to product and business certification.
The Quality Engineer role will be required to work with internal and external stakeholders, notably Engineering, Production, Procurement, Suppliers and Certification bodies. An ability to operate at all levels and engage others successfully is therefore essential.
If you have the ambition to play a key part in the future of Dufour Aerospace and impact the future of aerospace this could be the role for you.
- Provide quality support for all new product development and production activities.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing/assembly teams to validate, mature and continually improve product and process quality.
- Support the development and implementation of required processes and the ongoing maintenance of the Dufour Management System.
- Complete Quality Management System/Supplier audits for purposes of assurance and approval.
- Develop and implement quality standards, inspection/measurement systems and processes.
- Manage Dufour, supplier and customer quality issues in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Support resolution of day-to-day quality problems, ensuring effective containment and problem resolution for all non-conformances.
- Provide guidance and support across the Dufour team on all matters related to Quality & Improvement.
- Driving continuous improvement to maximise business performance. Undertaking improvement projects, leading/coaching others in the use of improvement tools and delivery of improvement activities.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Quality & Improvement role ideally within aerospace or other high technology industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- Working knowledge and experience of operating in organisations managed under the requirements of ISO9001 or AS/EN9100.
- Experience in performing management system and/or supplier quality audits.
- Proven experience of dealing with complex problem solving, driving root cause and corrective/preventative actions to conclusion.
- Thorough understanding of Quality Management and improvement methods e.g. 3C, 8D, SPC, FMEA, Error Proofing, 6 Sigma.
- Good Technical Engineering knowledge, including ability to understand engineering drawings and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently, having a high level of self-motivation, initiative, and determination to see a task through to completion.
- Strength of character to remain resilient under pressure.
- Confidence to represent the department and company in internal and external meetings.
- Good language skills, fluency in both English and German.
- Working knowledge and experience of operating in production organisations approved under the requirements EASA Part 21(G).
- ISO Standard Certified Quality Auditor.
- Lean Six Sigma qualified, Black or Green belt.
- Member of a recognised professional body such as the Chartered Quality Institute.
- The position will be primarily based in the Dübendorf facility, but travel to other Dufour sites and supplier locations will be required.
- Compensation will be a combination of fixed salary plus share options.