Wing – Flight Test Operator – sUAS News – The Business of Drones
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About The Role
As a Flight Test Operator, you are part of the Flight Test team based at our remote flight test location in Bay Area, California tasked with operating the Wing delivery system for experimental tests. This role involves supporting flight operations in all roles (e.g. ground support, pilot-in-command, etc.), debugging issues encountered during tests, and reporting results to relevant stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Operate Wing’s delivery system in all roles such as ground support, visual observer, and pilot-in-command among others
- Assist in developing flight manuals and supporting documentation necessary to operate the system
- Travel to remote flight test locations as required
What You’ll Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Process driven, methodical approach to operations
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and an appetite for innovation
- Part 107 license
- Experience in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Experience in operations and verification testing
- Comfortable working in the Linux command line interface and scripting languages